MBTN accelerates Africatech startups
The MBTN Accelerating Ideas Conference recently held 28th March at Rise, London. The event provided a forum for inspiration, education and practical advice to startups, professionals and corporations on methods to scale businesses, evaluate funding options and engage with the investor community.
Africa focused startups that pitched were from the 1st cohort, Accelerator programmme. The event was compered by Joy Moroge and introduction from Adabara Abdullahi Partner, MBTN Connect
Advice to kick-start in Africa:
- Have an open mind?
- Validate with customer payments and market.
- Prepare to pivot and beware assumptions.
- Be solution focused, have a good management team.
- Understand Regulatory risk and policy direction.
- Resolve the risks that come with cross border expansion.
- Can you defend? Work on your product & innovate and protect this.
- VC Funding: Ensure this aligns with issue of ROI & long-term view.
- Domain Expertise: This needs IP protection and developed ecosystem.
MBTN Accelerates 10 Africa focused startups in its first cohort
Here’s a list of the startups that will be pitching on the demo day: https://www.mbtnconnect.com/blog/mbtn-accelerates-10-africa-focused-startups-in-its-first-cohort
The MBTN panels gave opportunities for VC firms, Angel Investor Networks to talk about how they support entrepreneurs.
LBAcademy is a UK Business Growth Hub that provides digital skill and talent training to Tech & Creative Startups for high growth.